The United Kingdom, an extension of the female personification of the British islands i.e., Britannia, provides you with an opportunity to study abroad in a country that has been proving itself for centuries and leaves no stone unturned be it science, technology, arts or politics.
The diverse history and the rich culture of UK not only provides a well-structured and disciplined course of study to stay class above but also dispenses quality education in programmes like Engineering, economics, business or politics.
Consider the cost of study in the UK:
- Undergraduate Degree: £11, 400 per annum
- Postgraduate Degree: £12, 200 per annum
- Doctoral Degree: £13, 000 per annum
Are you awestruck by the fees? Read on to know more about the government as well as University based scholarships like Gates Cambridge Scholarships, Rhodes Scholarships at University of Oxford, Bristol University International Office Scholarships, Edinburgh Global Masters Scholarships, Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Scholarships, University of Westminster International Scholarships, Developing Solutions Scholarships at University of Nottingham University of Bradford Scholarships for Developing Countries in Crisis and many more!
Let us have a closer look at some of those scholarships to study in the UK:
Chevening Scholarships: Covers your tuition fees, living allowances, return airfare and much given to students wishing to study any one-year Master’s course.
Commonwealth Scholarships: Funded by the Department for International Development (DFID)
Universities based scholarships:
Non-governmental UK scholarships for international students:
- Euraxess UK: An initiative of the European Commission supporting researchers in Europe offering various graduate research scholarships for international students.
- CastleSmart Scholarship: Open to all nationalities, Estate agent Castle Smart offers £6,000 annually for an undergraduate student. You must create a compelling YouTube video defining your study and career plans.
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships: For doctoral students, research students and visiting fellows from India.
- Goa Education Trust Scholarships: For Goa students to undertake any postgraduate study in the UK infield.
- Saltire Scholarships: For students from Canada, the US, India and China to study in Scotland at any degree level.
- Bristol University International Scholarships: For international students to study any undergraduate or postgraduate program at Bristol University
- Cardiff University Elite International Scholarships: Bachelor’s and master’s degree scholarship for international students to study at Cardiff University in Wales.
- Clarendon Scholarships at the University of Oxford: Sponsored by Oxford University Press, this scholarship to study in the UK offered to full- and part-time graduate students at the University of Oxford.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students: Offered to full-time postgraduate students only for the full scholarship to study in the UK at Cambridge University.
- University of Nottingham International Scholarships: Various scholarships available at all study levels.
- Rhodes Scholarships at Oxford University for International Students: Merit-based scholarship for studying in the UK for master’s and PhD students to study at Oxford University.
- University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships: Up to 50 scholarships to study in the UK for international students open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- The university of Westminster Scholarships for International Students: For master’s students enrolled at the University of Westminster offered based on academic merit and financial need.
Let us provide you with the list of documents needed to apply for student visa for the UK:
- Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree and Mark Sheets.
- English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Standardised Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE.
- Two academic references.
- Two references from employers (where applicable)
- Passport sized photographs.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP).
- Updated Resume/CV.
- Portfolio for Art, Design & Architecture programmes.
- Certificates for Achievements of your extracurricular activities.
You must have the following while for Tier 4 student visa for the UK:
- Confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) and should apply within 6 months.
- Money to support you and you course fee.
This sums up your search on student visa along with scholarships to study in the UK.