Acid Reflux is a condition when the acidic stomach content flows upwards from the stomach to the oesophagus through the small gap left by the lower esophageal sphincter (LES). When a person suffers frequently from hyperacidity it impacts the stomach and the joining of the stomach and oesophagus region.
As result of that, the lower esophageal sphincter often leaves a gap between the stomach and the oesophagus and the acidic stomach content starts moving upwards through that gap to the upwards region of the oesophagus and occasionally even up to the throat portion. It results the sensation of severe heartburn hand called as Acid Reflux Syndrome.
What are the causes of Acid Reflux Syndrome?
There are multiple Acid Reflux causes which need to be addressed to overcome the disease.
- It is mainly a lifestyle disorder often related to one’s food habit or sleeping late at night.
- Having too much oily or spicy food along with fast foods over the counter is a major trigger for the development of the disease.
- Consuming too much coke, beverage, chocolate or alcohol are the other reasons to have the disease.
- Too much stress and tension have a huge impact in developing the disease.
The aforementioned reasons initially trigger in developing hyper acidity condition in your stomach and subsequently, the area of your stomach and oesophagus region start getting affected by that acidic content. The lower esophageal sphincter starts getting loose and leaves a gap between the stomach and the oesophagus quite often. The acidic content of the stomach starts flowing upwards through the gap to the oesophagus region and subsequently even up to the throat area resulting regurgitation and burping that are absolutely sour in the test.
How to overcome Acid Reflux syndrome?
- Since Acid Reflux syndrome is a Lifestyle disorder it is quite important to adopt measures for correcting the flaws in the daily work schedule.
- You must contemplate meticulously to adopt your food chart in order to avert all those foods which are absolutely detrimental to your problem of acidity. The Acid Reflux Foods to avoid include all the fast and junk foods.
- One should keep himself or herself far away from all kinds of spicy oily and fatty foods.
- The over-the-counter fast foods and beverages must be completely avoided.
- The cokes and chocolates must be kept away. Alcohol consumption should be completely stopped and cigarette smoking should be reduced to zero.
- You must avoid exposing yourself too much to anxiety and tension as they are the major trigger for developing hyperacidity in your stomach. You must be very careful about going to bed early at night. A brief morning walk is also quite helpful in addressing this physical condition.
- If your problem of Acid Reflux syndrome is developed a bit, you need to consult a doctor and have some medication as well.
Along with the lifestyle measure, your doctor may prescribe a few medicines as well to combat and reduce the hyperacidity syndrome. You may be asked to consume some basic drugs like H2 blockers like Ranitidine or Proton pump inhibitors that include Aciphex, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid etc.